FSSAI stands for Food Safety and Standards Authority of India. FSSAI registration was formed under Food Safety and Standards Act (FSSA), 2006. The FSSAI includes various laws, regulations, and rules in respect of food safety in India.
What Are the Types of Fssai Registration?
There are 3 types of FSSAI Registration. They are as follows:
Basic FSSAI Registration
In case the annual turnover of the business in food materials is less than 12 lakhs then the Registration should be done under Form A for the Basic FSSAI Registration.
State FSSAI Registration
When the Annual Turnover of the business is between 12 to 20 crores then the food business operator shall apply for a State FSSAI license under Form B. Where the food business is of medium size which includes hotels, restaurants, food manufacturers then the food operator should obtain a State license.
Central FSSAI Registration
What Are the Documents Required for Fssai Registration?
When the annual turnover of the business is above 20 crores, then the food business operator shall apply for Central FSSAI License Form B. Where the food business is of large size food manufacturer the food operator should obtain FSSAI Central License.
The documents required are as follows:
- Identity Proof of the Food Business Operator
- Partnership Deed, Certificate of Incorporation, Shop and establishment or any other business registration certificate.
- List of the Directors/Partners/Proprietor along with the addresses, contact details
- Property documents in which the business is been operated i.e. Ownership documents of the property like Sale deed in case of the property is owned by the Food Operator or Rental agreement, NOC from the Landlord of the rented premises in case the property is rented etc.
- Food Safety Management system plan.
- Details regarding bank account.
- Other Specific Documents for State License and Central License
- Duly filled and signed Form-B
- Clear details regarding the Processing Unit specifically mentioning dimensions and operation-wise area allocation.
- List of equipment and machinery along with specific details of the same along with the number of equipment and machinery installed in the manufacturing/processing units.
- Board Resolution or Authority Letter from the manufacturer authorizing a person in respect of detailing in the registration process along with name, address and any other details as may be required.
- Report of analysis of water that is to be used in themanufacturing/processing unit.
- Copy of the Certificate obtained under Coop Act 1861/Multi-State Coop Act 2002.
- Specific Documents required only in the registration for FSSAI Central License:
- Source from which raw material is obtained.
- Ministry of Commerce Certificate for 100% EOU
- No-Objection certificate obtained from FSSAI
- Form IX
- IE code document issued by DGFT
- Certificate from the Ministry of Tourism
- Documents regarding Proof of Turnover.
- Documents regarding transportation process.
- Form of Declaration.
What Is the Fees Structure for Fssai Registration?
The Structure of the Government Fees Are as Follows:
- FSSAI Basic Registration- Rs. 100/-
- FSSAI State License- the fees vary between Rs.2,500/- to Rs.5,000/- depending upon the business to be carried out.
- FSSAI Central License- Rs.7,500/-
What Are the Consequences for Non-Compliance?
There is a penalty imposed for non-compliance with the rules and regulations. The punishments are as follows:
- Rs.25,000/- to Rs.2,00,000/- for not following the compliances required for food quality.
- Rs.5,00,000/- for sub-standard food.
- Rs.3,00,000/- for misbranding of the food sold.
- Rs,10,00,000/- for false and misleading advertisement and/or description.
- 2,00,000/- for non-following of the directions of the Food officers.
- Rs.1,00,000/ for unhygienic procedure used for manufacturing of food.
What Is Time Period for the Validity of Fssai License?The fssai license is mandatory for manufacturing and detail in in food items. The validity of the license includes for 1 year or 5 years. It is also to be remembered that the renewal should be applied 30 days prior to expiry of the existing license.
It can be understood from the above-mentioned discussion that for dealing in food processing/selling/manufacturing it is important for obtaining of FSSAI License. FSSAI License is important in respect of providing an indication of the food being sold is of proper standard and is fit for consumption. It further upgrades the sales of such food items and benefits the seller/manufacturer as well.